- Published: 31 October 2016 31 October 2016
Every effort is made to keep this listing as complete and accurate as possible. If, however, you do have questions about a particular position, please contact us at (937) 535-1000.
Applications/resumes are only accepted for current job openings that are posted
Fire Lieutenant Promotion - internal only (until December 14, 2016)
All applicants must fill out a Promotional Application for consideration to be promoted to Fire Lieutenant by December 14, 2016. An exam will be conducted on Saturday, December 17, 2016 at 9:00 a.m. at the City Building.
- Three (3) years continuous full-time employment with the Fire Division (Current Employees Only)
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License
- FF Level II
- Paramedic Certification
- A score of 70 percent or higher is needed to pass the written exam
- There will be a two (2) hour time limit to complete the exam
- Protest period following the written exams expires December 22, 2016
- Protests on questions must be submitted to the Clerk of Council by 4:30 p.m. December 22, 2016, on the form provided by the Merit System Commission (Protest Form)
- The Merit System Commission will meet to determine the outcome of the protested questions (Rule 10, Section 8)
- Ties will be broken by seniority points and if needed, date and time of application
As part of the process for promotion, an examination will be constructed, administered and scored by a third party vendor. The examination will consist of 100 questions taken directly from the study material, Personnel Manual and SOGs.
Below are downloadable PDF versions of the Study Guides. Additionally, electronic versions are also available on the Emergency Reporting Library including SOGs and Personnel Manual. Hard copies of each study guide are available at Station 29 & 30.
Seniority points will only be awarded to candidates who achieve a minimum passing score on the examination without considering seniority points (Rule 16, Section 2)
The Lt. promotional exam is a three part process consisting of a written exam, assessment center and interview. After the written exam scores have been calculated, certified and released, the top candidates will move to the assessment center phase of the process.
Part-Time & Seasonal Recreation Monitors - until positions are filled
The City of Moraine Parks and Recreation is seeking staff members for its ongoing year around and summer seasonal programs. Qualified candidates must have experience in youth, senior, sports, nutritional, and/or fitness programming. Successful candidates must have exceptional interpersonal/customer service skills, effective verbal/written communication skills, willingness to work nights, evenings, weekends/holidays and the ability to handle stressful situations.
Recreation Monitors work under the general supervision of the Director of Parks and Recreation, Recreation Coordinator, Operations Manager and/or Recreation Supervisor.
Requirements and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED with one or more years of recreation experience preferred, and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. All candidates must be willing to submit to random drug screenings.
- First Aid and CPR certifications preferred or must be obtained immediately after hire.
Part-Time Seasonal Laborer - until positions are filled
The City of Moraine Street/Parks Department is now accepting applications for (1) part-time Seasonal Laborer. Applications must be submitted on-line. The chosen applicant will be responsible for weed eating, mowing and light grounds maintenance. The pay for the part-time Seasonal Laborer is $8.35 per hour for a total of 28 hours per week. You must have a valid Ohio driver’s license to apply.
Part-time minimum requirements for employment are: Firefighter Level 1B, EMT-B Certification at time of hiring and must be be able to work platoon hours (every third day), 24 hrs per week.
Contact Deputy Chief Jeff Eitel or Lieutenant Doug Baumgartner; both at 535-1140 for questions.
Ways to apply for Employment: